Re: MCA: Collective Readings

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:38:09 +0200

At 06.33 -0500 99-09-08, nate wrote:
>Eva Ekeblad has been invited to begin (Sept-Oct) with her papers on the
>dynamics of multilogue on the xlists.

-- and if I hadn't been invited, I would probably have volunteered soon,
anyway, for getting feedback from the XMCA on my perspective on the Xlists.
Nate's timing when he first asked me about this a couple of weeks ago
couldn't have been better, as I had then just finished my paper for the
EARLI, which has an interesting connection to what Nate has now suggested,
as there is a short section on some earlier events of organized joint
reading on the Xlists -- NOT book readings like we've had with *Mind as
Action* or *Cultural Psychology* but paper readings. I'll probably come
back to that as one of the first things. For now: one of the things that
can be learned from looking back like that is the importance of giving some
time between the suggestion for an activity and the actual carrying out :-)

Eva

PS. My paper for ISCRAT 1998 has been on the Web for some time, the EARLI
paper is also up now (but our server does go down now and then):

http://cite.ped.gu.se/Eklanda/Papers/ISCRAT/CoCoMu.html
http://cite.ped.gu.se/Eklanda/Papers/EARLI99/MultDyn.html