FW: From the Sec-Gen of IAEA (fwd)

Don Cunningham (cunningh who-is-at indiana.edu)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:23:39 -0500 (EST)

This might be of interest.........djc

-----Original Message-----
From: Holger Hoege [mailto:hoege@psychologie.uni-oldenburg.de]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 4:47 AM
Subject: From the Sec-Gen of IAEA

TO THE MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EMPIRICAL AESTHETICS

Dear all,

...:

1) THE NEW YORK CONGRESS OF IAEA (Aug. 9-12, 2000).

The CALL FOR PAPERS for the New York Congress of
IAEA is out; I think that most if not all of you
meanwhile received a copy via letter. My request to
you is to keep in mind the deadlines and all the
other specifics which are given in detail in this
letter. Especially, please, send your abstracts in time.
If you lost the CALL or did not receive it, please, go

either directly to the WEB-SITE OF THE IAEA CONGRESS 2000:

http://www.chss.montclair.edu/psychology/iaea2000.html

or go to the WEB-SITE of IAEA

http://www.ume.maine.edu./~iaea

there you will find all necessary details. Sure, I would be
happy to have ALL of you coming together in the New World in the
new millennium! Therefore, do not hesitate and send in the papers
& documents required as soon as possible. Also, please, forward
the CALL FOR PAPERS to your colleagues to make the congress
as publicly visible as possible. In line with that, dear
students, remember, that we have a SPECIAL RATE for STUDENTS!!
Those who are a bit (or even a bit more) after the time of study
please, hang out a copy of the CALL everywhere you think it might be
appropriate. Especially, give some info to your students: they are
very welcome! it is good to see that the topic of IAEA is also of
interest for new generations!

2) THE NEWSLETTER OF IAEA

As the Newsletter should enhance the communication of members
and give good insight into what is happening in the different
regions where IAEA has its own branches, my request is to let
us know what you are working on. Especially, if there are new
books, articles, conferences and congresses to which you made a
contribution this is of high interest for the community of IAEA.
Therefore, please, send in your news to the respective
Vice-President of your region!

PLEASE, SEND YOUR ITEMS TO YOUR RESPECTIVE REGIONAL VICE-PRESIDENT OF IAEA
SEPTEMBER 1, 1999, THE LATEST!

Remember, please, that the items you send in will be
published in the Spring 2000 issue of the Newsletter.
Hence, all events (e.g. congresses) to be announced
should be scheduled after August 2000.

3) NEW MEMBERS WELCOME

If you have a possibility to recruit new members this is very
welcome! All necessary details for that are to be found in the
WEB-SITE OF IAEA:

http://www.ume.maine.edu./~iaea

I do know that IAEA is not as well-known as it deserves to be.
A lot of national associations of psychology or national
associations of aesthetics & philosophy, as well as sociology, etc.
have not the slightest information on IAEA - this should be changed,
of course! All help that can be given from me will be given, sure.
I had some contact recently with the German Association of
Aesthetics, but I cannot be everywhere simultaneously. There is
most likely something of the same kind of institution in your
country, too. Why wait to contact?

Finally, as the summer break is in its full sunshine period (at
least on the Northern side of the globe; and if there is no solar
eclipse - as we had yesterday in Europe) I do hope that you have
time for leisure - feel fine, be happy! but remember IAEA!

With the warmest wishes for you personally, and of course,
including your relatives, friends and colleagues,
as ever,
yours very sincerely,
Holger Hoege

Holger Hoege, Sec.-gen.,
International Association of Empirical Aesthetics (IAEA)
University of Oldenburg, Dept. of Psychology,
Institute for Research into Man-Environment-Relations
PO Box 2503, D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany
VoicePhone: +49 441 798 5510
E-mail: hoege who-is-at psychologie.uni-oldenburg.de
IAEA's home-page: http://www.ume.maine.edu/~iaea/

Most recent information on IAEA's New York Congress 2000:
http://www.chss.montclair.edu/psychology/iaea2000.html