Re: Women and Marxism

vadebonc who-is-at montana.edu
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:40:39 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Paul -

I am shocked and saddened by your language: "conniption fits" and
"'we don't need men at all'" feminists .... although perhaps I shouldn't
be. Your real feelings - those so pointedly surfacing in this message -
have really been felt (by me) in the tone of your xmca discussions.
Shocked that you have felt the need to post them here and saddened by your
anger. Those truly commited to an open and productive exchange of ideas
tend to manage to stay away from hurtful personal attacks and wrangle with
ideas rather than people. I am sorry that you and I have not been able to
do that. I imagine your ideas are well thought out and interesting. I
have difficulty hearing you.

In the hopes of a open exchange of ideas that leaves personal attacks
elsewhere

Jennifer

>nate,
>
>I don't think that too many of the authors (mainly male) listed in that site
>would fall into the reading lists of the more adamant feminists on xmca. in
>fact they'd probably throw a conniption fit about the demonstrated
>subordination of females in those writings. I keep thumping about andy
>blunden's site, it's really incredible, i mean by far and away the best
>overall site for philosophy and social issues I've ever seen. His section
>on liberation epistemology contains the complete texts of most of the major
>feminist writers from 1950 through 1990. check out this site:
>http://werple.net.au/~gaffcam/phil/index.htm.
>
>I really think that even such a rad "we don't need men at all" feminist as
>Mary up in vancouver would have to recognize that he's gotten the key
>writers -- and the texts are complete!!
>
>Paul

Jennifer A. Vadeboncoeur, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
Montana State University
120 Reid Hall, Department of Education
Bozeman, MT 59717
Office: (406) 994-6457