Re: Stimulation-Stimulation

Bill Barowy (wbarowy who-is-at mail.lesley.edu)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:33:11 -0400

At 9:08 PM -0200 7/26/99, Ricardo Ottoni wrote:

>That it was/is usefull to demonstrate how people can use signs (second=20
>stimulus) to enlarge his capacity of solving some task (primary one).

Ricardo,
I've been turning this over and have some random thoughts. One could say=
that the signs mediate solving the task with the objects. But at the same=
time, the students must make sense of the signs, and this is mediated by=
the objects, is it not? A sort of dialectic? And in a similar way, the=
task can also break down according to social/individual planes per the=
earlier discussion on primacy of one or another. Perhaps then, it may be=
useful to describe learning of this kind as a co-evolution of dialectic opp=
osites.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Technology in Education
Lesley College, 31 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790=20
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]