Re: Talking about CHAT...

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:15:52 +0200

At 07.53 -0500 99-06-16, nate quoted Nikolai Veresov:
>"As for the Western term "cultural-historical theory of activity" which has
>no equivalent in Soviet and Russian literature, it can be defined as the
>"secondary result" of incorrect presentation of the theoretical and
>historical relations between two different theories - the
>cultural-historical theory of Vygotsky and the psychological theory of
>activity of A. N. Leont'ev."

...which made me wonder when history stopped, so to speak: to me the
production of new theoretical integrations do not necessarily proceed by
way of most-correct interpretation of a tradition. I do spot a
(historically anchored) difference in approach here between the post-Soviet
and the US-Western scenes. I could say something off the top of my head
here (intuition without conception) but will refrain because I expect to be
offline til Monday.

Meanwhile, I'll make Mike the subject of another FWD from the past -- and
save him the trouble of restating it. (He HAS encouraged my foraging, in
sidebars, but NOT the choice of this particular item.)

These issues were on the agenda back in 1991, too, as you can see: