RE: AERA Informal Learning Environments SIG

Rob Skinner (Rob.Skinner who-is-at suffolk.ac.uk)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:04:18 +0100

If it is of any interest some of my students have developed a Web site
for a company called SoftPower which is intended to give support to a
variety of classroom based activities. The site links various schools
in the UK and the USA and focusses on developing understanding and
information about life and living in Uganda. The main theme is the
adventures of a bear called "Jack" (personally I would have prefered a
gender neutral name but that was a given). The bear is currently on
tour in Africa and is meeting with people (especially children and
sending photo's, stories and a travel diary to the site. Children in
the schools are able to post comments and art work etc in response. If
any of this might be of interest (?) I can put you in contact with the
organisation in the UK, Africa and/or the USA. Web address is

http://www.softpowerexpeditions.com/

Regards
ROB