1999-06-07 Fact Sheet on Myths and Facts About Mental Illness

Phil Graham (pw.graham who-is-at student.qut.edu.au)
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 23:33:54 +1000

It seems that Cartesian reductionism has won the day on mental illness. All
mental illness is now classified under the heading of brain malfunction.
There will, herewith, be no more talk of social factors (like, for
instance, severe abuse or deprivation) causing mental illness.

Phil

>Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:53 -0400
>From: The White House <Publications-Admin who-is-at Pub.Pub.WhiteHouse.Gov>
>Subject: 1999-06-07 Fact Sheet on Myths and Facts About Mental Illness