Re: teacher ed critique/

Diane HODGES (dchodges who-is-at interchange.ubc.ca)
Sun, 30 May 1999 04:35:45 -0800

At 14:07 5/30/99, nate wrote:

>The joke, the joke, tell it again, please!
>
>NATE

i've been writing all day, i know some folks
will be glad to hear - been having trouble connecting my head bone
to my writing bone (is that almost perverse, or is it me who is almost
perverse? too late now)

THE SPEED OF STUPID***

A family is sitting around the table in the kitchen, talking about
when the electric bill was mailed. The power goes off, so the mom calls her
sister and leaves a phone message, askin her to bring some candles and
flashlights over.
So they sit and start talking about what freezer food to eat first, and the
mother's sister comes rushing in, talking, "You would not believe the night
i've had..." and as she is telling this story,
she puts coffee in the coffee maker and turns it on; says, "It's kinda dark
in here don't you find?"

and then goes to the fridge and takes out the milk, while telling the
story, and says, "By the way, your fridge is a little warm..." and begins
to pour in the
blender; still talking about her date, jamming buttons on the blender,
and says, "Hey you know your blender isn't working?" and then she says, "Oh
just let me check my calls..." and so
she dials, gets her messages, and says, speaking to her sister, not the
phone, "Oh! It's a call from you!! Uh-huh... ...what do you need candles
for...? oh....Oh. OH."

at which point the mom says, "Well we may not have electricity,
but at least now we know the speed of stupid."

_______
i still laff, even writing the damn thing.
oh dear. thanks nate.
diane

***Some of you culture consumers will recognize this as a scence
from a tv sitcom called "roseanne".

""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""
When she walks,
the revolution's coming.
In her hips, there's revolution.
When she talks, I hear revolution.
In her kiss, I taste the revolution.
(by Kathleen Hanna: Riot Grrl)
diane celia hodges
university of british columbia
faculty of graduate studies,
centre for the study of curriculum and instruction,
vancouver, british columbia, canada

email: dchodges who-is-at interchnage.ubc.ca