Re: TM Whole Language Lives . . .

Louise Yarnall (lyarnall who-is-at ucla.edu)
Fri, 21 May 1999 10:02:02 -0700

interesting article, and particularly interesting because the students
succeeding with whole language in the article come from low-income
backgrounds. not sure if they are minority or not...but one of the
arguments against WL that I've come across has been that perhaps whole
language worked best for affluent, white students, while more phonetic
methods worked for poorer, minority students. I think the article shows that
whole language, when properly done, can be presented to fit the needs of any
student population.