Re: Campaign Against Public Schools

maria judith sucupira costa lins (costlins who-is-at ism.com.br)
Sat, 15 May 1999 23:01:48 -0300

As it was said, in the third world countries like Brazil, the catholic private
schools had made our history of education, since the beginning of the colony.
Until today they are the best school, even if they are expensive, they receive
poor children with scholarships. There are good and bad public schools as all
over the world. Lately there is a problem with public school: they don't give
religious class as it was until 20 years ago. So, if a family has a faith,
parents must choose a school where this faith will be taught. This is the main
reason to have the opportunity to go to a religious school. maria lins