Re: Campaign Against Public Schools

Phil Graham (pw.graham who-is-at student.qut.edu.au)
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:37:18 +1000

At 20:46 13-05-99 -0700, Ken wrote:
>In most of the world, particularly the third world, education is
>stratified.
snip
>... Public education is as good as we make it- and the alternative
>is unacceptable.

I concur, to put it mildly. Vouchers or no ... the move to the "public
choice" theory of education is driven by a mixture of laboratory statistics
gone made and neo-eugenic economics that says competition is an unmitigated
good which, unfortunately, creates winners and losers - the "natural" and
divine order of things, according to the good utilitarian-eugenicist.

Phil
ever-surprised that educators would think "corporations do it better".