Re: Kids Can Now E-Mail Tips On Their Violent Peers

Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob who-is-at btinternet.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:46:23 +0100

>As if that wasn't bad enough, now there's reformers who want to PRIVATIZE
>public schools and turn em into corporate profit centers!!!

This is already happening in the UK - it started under Thatcher with various
forms of corporate sponsorship and is now being carried further under a
purportedly Labour government. Recently the first 'failing' school was
handed over to a private firm to run and in 'Education Action Zones' where
the local authority is judged to be failing the kids (which has nothing to
do of course with the last 2o years of falling funding), schools are to be
put out to private bidders, who supposedly will do it out of the goodness of
their hearts, but will in reality, of course, use it to make money.

Bruce Robinson

Am i missing
>something, or isn't that another recipe for INCREASING the alienation of
>kids, and further depersonalizing an already depressingly anomie-inducing
>institution? Are these/you people out of their/your F******G Minds?
>cheers, chers
>konopak
>
>At 11:23 PM 5/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>Kids Can Now E-Mail Tips On Their Violent Peers
>>
>>www.msnbc.com
>>
>>5-2-99
>>
>>A nonprofit group that watches the Web for pedophiles and stalkers on
Friday