Re: columbine high school

Ricardo Ottoni (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:36:48 -0200

Phillip,

It was very nice to read your considerations on columbine's=20
tragedy... as say, school education tragedy (all over the world?!)

Well, the TV networks news on chs tragedy, at least in Brazil,
insist on its neo-nazi motivation. They all show the boys' homepage on=20
net with nazi contents, deposition of some 'friends' of them...=20

...And the pacifist movement action directed to stop free arms=20
access/sell in USA - immediately after that unhappy happening (I,=20
personally, appreciate it very very much). There is raising a simmilar=20
movement here, in Brazil.

I think there is not only one truth. "there are many objects in an=20
object", as had said Bertold Brecht. So, I believe, the most important=20
thing at all is to discuss it... consider it as a "pr=E9-texto"=20
(previous-text?) to approach violence in ocidental urbanized=20
societies... and participate of a construction of meaning/sense...
maybe from its discussion in many levels and since many different=20
perspectives and points of view can be possible "watch" or visualize any=20
possible solutions/inquiries come to surface...

I have learned a lot from this discussion forum.

Ricardo.=20