Re: Women in AT

Charles Bazerman (bazerman who-is-at humanitas.ucsb.edu)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

OOPS. Mike has done many things in life, but we cannot blame the first
English translation of Thought and Language on him--Eugenia Hanfmann and
Gertrude Vakar are the translators. Mike gets the blame for Mind in
Society along with Vera, Sylvia Scribner and Ellen Souberman.

Nonetheless, Hanfmann remains an interesting link between LSV and America
in the thirties, and a link between LSV and psychotherapy. Does anybody
here know anything about her career and accomplishments?

Chuck