Re: 2ND THOUGHTS

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
7 Apr 1999 19:22:27 -0000

This is exciting! Literature might include feminist
[psychoanalytic] critiques of object-relations theory.
See: a collection edited by Teresa Brenan, "Between
feminism & psychonalysis" -- Personally, I find the
obsession with the subject unmitigated by issues of the
social via artifacts & institutions to be a bit tiresome;
on the other hand, AT uninformed by feminists' critique of
paternalistic discourse is unacceptable. What do you
think about this as a conversation topic, Katherine,
Diane, Vera?

At 09:31 AM 4/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey, diane, that's a great idea. It will be fun to see what's on people's
>lists and in their minds. Maybe we could give the ref and title, and say
>what the big ideas are in the paper, and then when we get a big pile,
>we could try to organize them thematically. This would be fun
>I think...and a web page would be really valuable I think.
>KB

Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183

Eternity is in love with the productions of time - Wm Blake