Re: some joint activity re contextless reading?

Ricardo Ottoni (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:39:44 -0300

Ilda,

Everything you had been saying makes me remember Emilia Ferreiro=20
proposal of literacy.

Although she had refered exaustively to Piaget - that was her advisor in=20
Genebre in the seventies - many people here in Brazil accuse her of=20
copying "her" pr=E9-history of written language of Lurias's work.

Nevertheless, her proposal had been applied with some relative success=20
on worker's and poor people's childreen literacy, in Rio Grande do Sul=20
(a state of Brazil very close to Argentina and Paraguai), specially=20
during labor party government of Porto Alegre, its capital.

She made her defense publiclly, in a book, edited by Marta Kohl de=20
Oliveira ( who has recently - 1988 - edited Literacy in human=20
development with Jaan Valsiner in USA, though Ablex Publishing=20
Corporation, Stanford, Connecticut, London, England).

Would you please comment her ideas. If it is not too much for you, of=20
course.

By the way, I tried sent you new private e-mails in portuguese but all=20
them came back to me without reaching your mail box... The translation=20
of Peter's article is done and now is beeing reviwed. Anyway, thank you=20
very much for trying helpping us.=20