Re: co-operative principles (Grice)

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
18 Feb 1999 14:03:19 -0000

Ellice, I've been waiting for some more cites that haven't come
in. If they do I'll post. Here are two that I don't know:
a forthcoming critique of Siegal's Gricean arguments
in the next issue of Developmental Science.

one classic critique by Elinor Ochs, published as
Keenan 1976 in Language in Society.

I'll hold off on comments until I've read -- then I'd be
delighted to have an exchange w/you off xmca probably.

Judy