Re: Mind As Action: Tools we tell our stories with

diane celia hodges (dchodges who-is-at interchange.ubc.ca)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:55:30 -0700

At 6:21 PM 9/28/98, Eva Ekeblad wrote:

>"In contrast to the opinion that US schools do not succeed in teaching
>history, one could argue that the schools have actually done their jobs
>quite well: they have equipped students with one, and only one, cultural
>tool to employ in representing the past of their nation state." p. 166
>

>Now this IS thought-provoking, especially if brought to bear on the
>sociocultural & cultural-historical scholars moving in the disciplinary
>territory of psychology.

Coud you elaborate Eva? This is provocative...
diane

"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." Ani Difranco
diane celia hodges
faculty of education, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction,
university of british columbia
vancouver, bc canada

snailmail: 3519 Hull Street