Re: Giddens

Lee Honeycutt (honeyl who-is-at iastate.edu)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:21:32 -0500

At 5:47 PM -0600 9/25/98, Kevin Leander wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of any extended treatments of the relations
>between Anthony Giddens' work and sociocultural theory.

Kevin,

I don't know if these specifically address your conception of
"sociocultural theory," but two excellent collections on Giddens' work are:

Clark, J., Modgil, C., & Modgil, S. (Eds.). (1990). _Anthony Giddens:
Consensus and controversy_. London: Falmer.

Held, D., & Thompson, J. B. (Eds.). (1989). _Social theory of modern
societies: Anthony Giddens and his critics_. Cambridge: Cambridge
University Press.

Hope these help out.

-- Lee

Lee Honeycutt (honeyl who-is-at iastate.edu)
Assistant Professor
English Dept., 247 Ross Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011-1201