RE: Joint Activities on XMCA / Wertsch discussion

Brian Cox (bcox who-is-at dial.pipex.com)
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 16:10:21 +0100

Bruce,

Yes, I would certainly be keen to hear more on Vygotsky. I don't have much of his
text yet, except for a couple of bits from Northernlight www.northernlight.com

BTW, I am a part-time Ph.D. student, looking at whether scenario planning, in terms of
a workshop-based activity can increase organisational learning within a management team.
In particular, looking at how changes in individuals' cognitive maps change, as a result of
the intervention - more shared concepts, greater systemic thinking (loops etc.).

My prof suggested look at Vygotsky, and in particular the zone of proximal development.

Regards,
Brian