Re: 'N' is for No

Naoki Ueno (nueno who-is-at nier.go.jp)
Fri, 22 May 1998 10:22:04 +0900

At 0:02 AM 5/21/98 +0000, Judy Diamondstone wrote:
>Naoki, Can I assume that you would accommodate individual human subjects
>in an AT account, if it would serve the purposes of an interavention?
>Surely you are NOT proposing that from the AT perspective,
>we ought not to focus on individual subjects...? - Because
>if a model of the system is to feed back into the system, it would
>have to do so by way of individuals....
>
>I don't like the terms of cognitive psychology either, but I am
>reluctant to accept the purity of ANY model, because it has to operate in
>messy material practices. There may well be good reasons to articulate
>AT in terms that can be understood by participants who think as COGs
>(in terms of cognitive psychology).

Dear Bill & Judy,

We need much more systematic communication. And it seems to me
that the resources you can access now is very limited.

Right now I have not enough time to explain the detail what I wrote
in previous mail.

Please wait for the next round, maybe after ISCRAT, after June 20th
if you will still remember this discussion at that time.

By the way, Bill, did you read my papers about Newtonian Physics?

Naoki Ueno