Re: At a loss (Re: All the way with Piaget)

Naoki Ueno (nueno who-is-at nier.go.jp)
Tue, 5 May 1998 20:11:21 +0900

At 8:55 AM 5/5/98 +0200, Eva Ekeblad wrote:
>At 21.34 -0700 98-05-04, diane celia hodges wrote:
>>I am mostly at a loss to understand the "need" for more "conceptualizing"
>>of "mind" or "mental operations" when we are already aware that this
>>is itself a specific cultural myth which does not cross borders easily.
>
>I would say that, yes, the challenge to be taken up
>in proleptic orientation towards the specific
>cultural myths we would like to participate in the future
>of cultures more open to criscrossing of boundaries
>
>is a challenge of developing a language of the psychosocial
>that starts more globally, more inclusively
>than with "mind" and "mental" (masculine)

Dear Eva,

I hope so. The problem is how one undertsands the things like
"more globally, more inclusively".

The another question will be why and how people sometimes
cross boundaries.
That is not the problem of myth of objectively observed social
structure but practical problem.

Just relying on "global level" or "myth of social structure"
is another practice of reification, I think.
The problem is how you describe and analyse "global level".
The claim "global level is important" is merely like political slogan
and it does not help me.

So, I would like to ask you how you continue from your
starting point.
That will be really helpful for all.

Naoki Ueno
NIER, Tokyo