Re: Dialogicality and collaborative learning

Glenn Humphreys (glenhump who-is-at soonet.ca)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:35:52 -0400

Timothy/Eugene,

At 05:50 PM 4/6/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm developing a list of different ways of conceptualizing collaborative
>learning. Can anyone suggest any articles developing a connection between
>Bakhtinian notions of dialogicality and collaborative learning?

The chapter I am currently writing in my thesis describes collaborative
learning using Yrjo Engestrom's notion of the "activity system". The idea
is that teacher and student are described as interacting activity systems
progressively modifying each other's conceptions of the curriculum. So
far, I have written the theoretical introduction and most of the first of
three illustrative case studies. It isn't Bakhtin, but it's related.
You're welcome to take a look if you think it might be worth it.

--glenn

Glenn D. Humphreys
P.O. Box 11
Echo Bay, Ontario
Canada, P0S 1C0
Telephone: (705) 248-1226
Internet: glenhump who-is-at soonet.ca
Fax (Phone/Email to arrange fax transmission): (705) 248-1226