Re: Hassan I Sabbah

Fatemeh Bagherian (fbagheri who-is-at ccs.carleton.ca)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:07:26 -0400 (EDT)

hello,
Tony, you can find plenty of information about Hassan Sabbah, the founder
of Ismaeeli shiati ( a branch of Islam) in history of Iran during and
after 11th century.
He was born in 11th century in a central city of Iran. If you look for
history of Iran or Empire of Islam under Saljughid dynasty, you will
find many facinating historical duccuments, articles, and perhaps books about
him (if you are looking
for the Hassan Sabbah, founder of Ismaeeli Muslims). There is also a
facinating historical novel: SAMARGHAND, written by Amin Malouf and I know
there is an English translation of the book in North America. Although
this book is about Iranian famous poet Omar Khayyam, it talks about Hassan
Sabbah a lot because Hassan was a friend of the poet. I hope it helps.
Fatemeh