Re: A request

Patricia Zukow-Goldring (zukow who-is-at ucla.edu)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:57:05 -0800

Artin,

Do you know the work of Karen Watson-Gegeo at UCDavis. Her work comes from
the Solomon Islands. I know that she looks at very similar topics.
kawatsongegeo who-is-at ucdavis.edu

Some others might be Jaqueline Rabain-Jamin whose work focuses on the Wolof
of Senegal; Mary Martini/Marquesas (I know there's a paper on story-telling
among girls). Mary is at the University of Hawaii; Jaqueline from Paris.
Let me know if you need there emails.
Another person who might know scholars working in Africa would be
Blondine Bril/Paris.

Regards,

Pat

At 02:01 PM 3/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anybody know of any work which looks at the connections between
>features of children's culture and the type of play in which children
>engage? More specifically, is there any work describing the ways in which
>features of oral traditions appear in children's play? We would appreciate
>it greatly any help you can offer. Thanking you in advance,
>
>Artin
>Artin Goncu, Ph.D
>Associate Professor
>Coordinator, Early Childhood Education
>(312)996-5259

Patricia Zukow-Goldring, Ph. D.
Research Scholar
University of California, Los Angeles
Center for the Study of Women Mailing address:
3835 Ventura Canyon
276 Kinsey Hall Sherman Oaks CA 91423
405 Hilgard Avenue email: zukow who-is-at ucla.edu
Los Angeles CA 90095-1504 phone: (818) 905-6293