Re: sexual identities and choice

diane celia hodges (dchodges who-is-at interchg.ubc.ca)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:32:03 -0800

At 11:11 AM 3/12/98, Robert Bahruth wrote:

>... It is
>called "Raging Hormones and Powerful Cars: The Construction of Men's
>Sexuality in School Sex Education and Popular Adolescent Films" by Mariamne
>H. Whatley in a book edited by Giroux (SUNY Press 1991) entitled
>Postmodernism, Feminism, and Cultural Politics.

thanks - didn't you metnion this book once before to me? or
someone else did... well. I'm off to check it out then.

btw, someone, (I've accidently dumped the original post), asked for
references or sources re gay/lesbian/extended/nontraditional families...?

I'm working on that now - I don't have it handy but
it is easy to enough to get. will post soon.

thanks again
diane

"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." Ani Difranco
diane celia hodges
faculty of education, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction,
university of british columbia
vancouver, bc canada

snailmail: 3519 Hull Street