Re: space & gender

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 22:14:28 -0300

Hi John,

I had never consider the fact that facing gay people as persons who have
rights to choose their "way of life" could cover a kind of homophobia.
Yes, that's a painful choice in an intolerant culture or society. But on
the other hand that choice make people much more happy, in peace with
their self.

Such a choice, I think, make people look for their rights and for people
who look like them, their "gang". That choice make someone part of a
group/comunity and people become engaged in a political "fight" for
their rights. And in their "fight" is expected that they must be helped
for ones who have empathy with them - people who are part of other
minorities (women,indians, black people, "with out land", "with out
home", "green peace ativists" etc).

"To be or not to be (gay): That's the question"
a question of political consciousness.

Maybe I can change my thoughts about this issue in a while, but until
now that's what I think.

Ricardo.