Re: affectivity: feelings and emotions -- rhythms

Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky who-is-at ou.edu)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 06:19:14

While not specifically about school, Tom Kochman's research in Chicago
about black/white communication differences might be worth a look. I forget
the name of the book where he consolidated his research, but it'd probably
turn up in an Amazon search.

Peter

At 02:23 PM 2/26/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Sherry, I'd recommend White Teacher by Vivian Gussin Paley (Harvard Press),
>and Gerry Rosenfeld's classic, Shut Those Thick Lips: A Study of Slum
>School Failure (1971).

* CHANGE OF ADDRESS *
* In July, 1998, Peter Smagorinsky and the mailing address for *
* Research in the Teaching of English will move to: *
* *
* University of Georgia *
* College of Education *
* Department of Language Education *