3rd Annual TCC Online Conference: Registration Info

Larry Davies (lbd who-is-at gol.com)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:59:53 +0900

Hi folks,

My apologies for the long post.

Though not every presentation is involved with language teaching
specifically, it is worth "attending". Apologies also for crossposting all
over the place.

>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:58:58 -1000
>Sender: owner-tcon-l who-is-at hawaii.edu
>From: Jim Shimabukuro <jamess who-is-at hawaii.edu>
>To: tcon-l who-is-at hawaii.edu
>Subject: 3rd Annual TCC Online Conference: Registration Info
>

>[OUR SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED MORE THAN ONE COPY OF
>THIS ANNOUNCEMENT -JIM]
>
>Dear Colleagues:
>
>Our staff is now accepting registrations for the Third Annual Teaching in
>the Community Colleges Online Conference, "Online Instruction: Trends and
>Issues II." For registration information, go to
>
> http://leahi.kcc.hawaii.edu/tcc98
>
>The registration period is from 24 February to 17 March 1998. The late
>registration period is from 18 March to 7 April 1998.
>
>The completely virtual conference this year (April 7-9) will include:
>
> - Keynote presentations by Lucy T. MacDonald (Chemeketa CC, Oregon)
> and Steve McCarty (Kagawa JC, Japan)
> - Over 100 presentations (please see the list of accepted proposals
> below)
> - Preconference workshops
> - Open forums on critical issues
> - Email and MOO discussions
> - Exciting web tours
> - A virtual cafe
>
>[This conference is sponsored by the University of Hawaii-Kapiolani
>Community College and the Teaching in the Community Colleges List (TCC-L).
>Conference co-coordinators are Dr. Jim Shimabukuro, Associate Professor,
>English, and Dr. Bert Kimura, Professor/Coordinator, Educational Media
>Center. Email jamess who-is-at hawaii.edu, bert@hawaii.edu.]
>
>--------------------------
>LIST OF ACCEPTED PROPOSALS
>--------------------------
>
>Returning to the Dark Side of Using and Creating Content for the Internet.
>Palmer W. Agnew, Anne S. Kellerman, & Bernardo Torres. PA & AK:
>SUNY-Binghamton; BT: Union College, NY
>
>Making a Beeline to Becoming Online: A Case Study. Danilo M. Baylen & J.
>Michael Tyler. Both: Florida Gulf Coast U
>
>The Humanization of Technology. Mark A. Bellcourt. U of Minnesota
>
>Interactive Exercises and Authoring Programs for Language Learning on the
>Web. Peter Biddulph. Oxford House College & Morley College, UK
>
>Collaborative Writing Using Research on the Web. Anne Bliss, Ph.D. U of
>Colorado, Boulder
>
>Cognitive Learning Styles and Implications for Online Instruction. Jon H.
>Blumhardt. Honolulu CC
>
>World-Wide Teaching on the World-Wide Web: Issues in Internationalization
>of On-Line Course Content and Structure. Russell E. Brayley, PhD. Indiana
>U, Bloomington
>
>MOO-ving Online: A New Venue for Making and Teaching Theatre. Juli Burk,
>PhD. U of Hawaii, Manoa
>
>Teaching Educators to Teach in Their Pajamas: The Promises and Perils of
>Faculty Teaching Faculty. A. Nadine Burke. Delta College, Michigan
>
>Building Community Online: Instructional Strategies for Beginning,
> [...]

Larry Davies h/f: +81-(0)52-916-8378
(from 04/98) Larry's Spam Haiku #1
Associate Instructor A very old can
Nanzan University A pig gets ground into pulp
Nagoya, Japan The sound of sizzling