Re: translation website

Ken Goodman (kgoodman who-is-at U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:02:26 -0800 (PST)

Altavista must have solved translation problems that no linguist has yet
suceeded in doing- I'll check it ought but I suspect the product is far
from successful.
Ken Goodman
They could succeed better in trtanslating all the machine language that
messages get sent in.

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Peter Smagorinsky wrote:

> I came across a website that some of you might find
> interesting--AltaVista's Translation site. You can paste in text from
> English or one of several Euro languages and it'll provide a translation
> into another. I don't know how well it does with idioms, etc., but it's an
> interesting tool to bookmark. You'll find it at
> http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate?
>
> Peter

*******Now we must learn to live under water*******
Kenneth S Goodman, Professor
Language, Reading & Culture, University of Arizona, Tucson
kgoodman who-is-at U.Arizona.EDU
520 6217868 Fax 520 7455285