Subject: cognition and engineers
Author: <xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu> at Internet-Mail
Date: 2/14/98 12:23 PM

I was curious if anyone on this list knew of work done on the thinking
processes of electrical, mechanical, chemical or civil engineers. I teach
a class called the Psychology of Science and Technology that looks at the
working cognition of scientists and technologist. I have been using
John-Steiner's Notebooks of the Mind, Explorations in Thinking, (thank you
Vera) and Wallace and Gruber's Creative People at Work. Both of which I
will continue to use, but most of my students will be engineers and I
would like a specific text if I can find one.
Thank you.

Doris Ravotas

"To speak for others is to first silence whose in whose name we
speak." (Calloon 1986:216)

Doris Ravotas dravotas 906-487-3571
Dept. of Education
Michigan Technological University