Re: emotional bonds/education

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:06:43 -0300

Mr. Smagorinsky,

I read your comments over Mikhael Yaroshevsky's study.
Is that book translated to english or spanish?

It was not clear to me if the book published by Progress was in english
or russian.

I think one of the most interesting issue pointed by Vygotsky in
Psychology of Art (arts)is... when he said that when someone can
understand art criation as something intentional, aware, the artistic
knowlege becomes so important as the cientific one. The
artistic creation understood as somethig made by artist in order to come
out a specific reaction (reflexe) in the public (the aesthetic reaction=
his concept of catarsis) is like the experiment conceived by the
psychologist interested in watching human reactions (reflexes).
Also when he talks about the relation between fantasy and emotion and
states his Sentimental Reality Law ( someone in a dark room having the
ilusion that an overcoat is a man. The reality of fear althoug that fear
was a product of his imagination, his fantasy ),

Is the book of Mikhael yaroshevsky avaiable in english? If so, would you
please tell me the publishers, year of publication etc.

An other question: Do you know if is there any translation from
russian of Vygotsky's Psychology of actor?