RE: re Values

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at udel.edu)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:45:29 -0800

Hello everybody--

What development? I think, when values are changed, the directionality,
which defines any development, is also changed. For example, when US
mainstream psychology has trasformed from behaviorism to cognitivism
mainstream psychologists stopped carring about development new and "better"
maze experiments. The latter just became irrelevant for the mainstream
psycholgy.

In my view, history is a reconstruction of the past for the present needs of
some specific individuals or groups. In my view, the struggle for defining
what is "best practice," history, and development is covert struggle among
social groups about values and survival. What do you think?

Eugene