RE: efficiency as a value

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at udel.edu)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:25:14 -0800

Hello everybody--

I agree with Don that the notion of eficiency does not work well for alive
open system. For machines, maximazing on (or few) parameters works well but
for organisms, the efficient organism is dead organism. Alive systems
should produce waste. Waste for one -- food for another. In class,
students can be off-task from teachers point of view but on-task, from
students' point of view. Their tasks can be different. What do you think?

Eugene