Re: genre

Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky who-is-at ou.edu)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 08:53:06

As I understand Cultural-Historical Activity Theory, it would not
accommodate the view that scripts reside strictly within the head. Mike
takes this up in Cultural Psychology--see pp. 124-131 where he develops the
idea that scripts and schemas are secondary cultural artifacts that
"partake of both the ideal and the material; they are materialized and
idealized (reified) in the artifacts that mediate peoples' joint
activities."