Re: Adolescent Development

Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:19:02 -0700

xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu,External writes:
>In a course being offered here at UCSD, we were discussing an article by
>Tudge and Rogoff full of interesting cognitive experiments on children.
>was wondering if anyone in this group is familiar with anyone or any
>studies that have begun to look at adolescent development from a socio
>historical perspective. I am including in my definition of adolescence
>as
>kids from 13-18 and am interested in both cognitive and social growth.

>Thanks
>Marc Camras

Sherry Turkle paints with broad strokes but she has studied
adolescents' use of the Internet in developing identity in her book,
_Life on the Screen_. She draws on Erik Erikson's theory of identity
development. And describes some historical and cultural influences.

Kathie

\\\\\\\\\\\\\You live you learn
\\\\\\\\\\\You love you learn
\\\\\\\\\You cry you learn
\\\\\\\You lose you learn
\\\\\You bleed you learn
\\\You scream you learn////////alanis morissette:jagged little pill

Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu
http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~kegoff/index.html