Re: re: Visualization, Simulation Resources

Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:39:40 -0600

vgack who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu,External writes:

>In the process of writing a paper on Civilization-- that includes
>commentary of the sort ventriloquated by David-- I have been putting
>together a set of references to help me think about the relationship
>between *systems* theory (my first encounter with it was Bateson, but I
>have also been looking at complexity theory, the Santa Fe Institute and
>other versions), *education*, *simulation gaming*,and *identity*. I
>don't
>know if any of these references will help your theorizing--- I would
>certainly appreciate additions to the list...

I have studied Bateson and complexity theory, also. My interests are
moving toward identity and gender construction as they interact with
computers. I am quite familar with Sherry Turkle and Seymour Papert.
Have you read the paper they wrote together on Epistemological
Pluralism? Also, I suggest you ask Bill Barowy for a copy of his paper
(chapter?) on activity systems theory.

Thanx for the suggestions.

Kathie

\\\\\\\\\\\\\You live you learn
\\\\\\\\\\\You love you learn
\\\\\\\\\You cry you learn
\\\\\\\You lose you learn
\\\\\You bleed you learn
\\\You scream you learn////////alanis morissette:jagged little pill

Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu
http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~kegoff/index.html