Re: visualization of change

David Dirlam (ddirlam who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Bill Barowy wrote:

> > I wonder if Bill Barowy is still tuning in -- he has some
>
> Well, only peripherally and vicariously through the 'reply all' that you
> and Eva are using.
>
> I am looking forward to rejoining xmca, but after I make the transition to
> assoc. prof at Lesley college in November.
> I'll be teaching a 'modeling and simulations' course using
> stella, microworlds logo, and an intro to star-logo, as possibly a
> 'societal impact of technology' course, so LIS will be nicely complemented.
> My students will be M.A. candidates in education who are presently teaching
> k-12.

Sounds like an exciting project Bill. It will be interesting to
see whether there is a difference between the types of events that people
can comfortably model in languages with and without agents and with and
without patches.

David