Re: On the research front

David Dirlam (ddirlam who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:49:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Francoise Herrmann wrote:

> Hi all, I thought yesterday that I would be most interested in seeing your
> coding schemes (Eva and Eugene). There were many different questions that
> came to mind: What are you coding for? How are you training your raters?
> what is the scale that you are using? what kind of inter-rater reliability
> coefficients did you come up with? In contrast to expository writing
> or perhaps not-so dialogic writing as email communication, I am wondering
> the kinds of adaptations that you have done.
>
> One more thought re-coding. I think that it no doubt depends on
> what you are coding for, but what has sparked my interest is the
> layering of frames that coding adds.

Francoise

I don't mind taking the risk of being one of those newcomers ask
an old question, could you please describe the answers to these
questions that characterize your work involving xmca? I think the variety
of methodologies, adaptations, and frames applied to a problem is a very
interesting issue.

David