division in topics (Re: Joao's posting)

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:07:11 +0200

At 21.46 -0300 97-10-15, Jo=E3o Batista Martins wrote:
> I think that the division in topics reflects the way that the ocidental
>scientific tradition. The analysis means to decompose in parts and to
>recompose. These way of to see the reality dont consider the complexity of
>phenomenons. It objective to control, to create laws, etc... The knowledge
>is static.

IF it is really so that people are not comfortable with the way xmca topics
are like a tangled skein of angora yarn (you know that very soft and fuzzy
material) it is an interesting illumination of how we as subjects are
"occupied" by scientific traditions.

Considering that at least a couple of hundred people stay on the lists as
subscribers for a long time, and that many of them (us) also keep
contributing to the rambling discussions: this could be taken as a sign
that we are not altogether uncomfortable with this cultural practice. And
this in turn shows a little hope that by following the path that starts
with the footprints of Vygotsky, we have at least started a change of the
scientific tradition.

Even if these changes are characteristically SLOW.

Eva