Re: xgrad

diane celia hodges (dchodges who-is-at interchg.ubc.ca)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:43:28 -0700

At 9:16 AM 10/15/97, Francoise Herrmann wrote:

But I do remember during my graduate
>studies at Stanford being linked as a class to xgrad where my job
>was to print out for our class the conversations that took place
>there.

Significant difference between participating for curriculum,
and participating because it is interesting. I, too, have engaged
in fascinating class-based email conversations, but the minute
the course ends, and the required readings have stopped being
assigned, the conversation, invariably, ends.

<snip>

>As to the distribution of conversations over and across the
>different lists when such lists were active, there is a section in
>my book where several factors are offered as possible
>explanations, at least as contributing elements to activity.
>
>Francoise Francoise Herrmann fherrmann who-is-at igc.apc.org
>http://www.wenet.net/~herrmann

Hm. There is a section in MY book where several factors are offered
as to why queer women stay in abusive relationships.
Not that it has anything to
do with electronic communication... I just wanted to say, "...in my book..."

ha ha ha ha
thanks Francoise
diane