The name, the time (Re: xgrad)

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:09:48 +0200

At 09.16 -0700 97-10-15, Francoise Herrmann wrote:
>I do remember during my graduate
>studies at Stanford being linked as a class to xgrad where my job
>was to print out for our class the conversations that took place
>there. I remember deep and insightful discussions of readings in
>sociocultural theory and in particualr of Vygotsky which we also
>had assigned in our reading lists. This was in the early 80s
(snip)
>it was e-mail communication at its onstart, the potentials
>of it just being glimpsed at.

Well, naturally, a rose by any other name... in the early 80s, too.

This is from the "institution" of XGRAD in 1991:

=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=
=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=
=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1=B1

NOTE: do not follow the instructions given below, they are _outdated_
Note also that I have placed Mike's long message last, although it is the
earliest: it's so LONG you may not want to read it.