Re: Kerry Elliott <Kerry.Elliott who-is-at jcu.edu.au>

kerry elliott (kerry.elliott who-is-at jcu.edu.au)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:10:48 +1000

Eugene,
Andrew & Ania's Lian work in the field of applied linguistics covers such
areas as computer assisted language learning and autonomous learners.
Their work is practical and accessible and soundly based in their
intellectual frameworks. The bottom line for them is the concept of
difference and catering for that difference. Anne Freedman is a
semiotician who has published some very interesting articles on genre and
the teaching of genre.
My own work centres on the use of drama as a learning medium which will
assist learners to understand what matters and how to achieve their goals.
I hope these explanations and descriptions will entice you to read some of
the publications of these up-to-date and practical researchers.
Kerry.