Re: Sweeping the minefield (Re: Worries...)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Batista?= (jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 23:22:15 -0300

Eva and xmcaers

I think that to work with persons is much difficult. The human behavior =
is
more complex: it is multi-referencial - have diverse references. I think
that the concept of ZDP contemplate the diversidy because the
development/learning consolidate starting of diference. I like of image o=
Cole, Newman, and Griffin of ZDP: an magic place which minds enconteurs
them, is an locus of social negociations about meanings. I see the school
context as an camp of possibilities. marked for contradictions of genre,
religious, social classe, race, etc... and in this multi-referencial camp
the persons move meanings, dispute social spaces, prestigie, etc... I thi=
nk
that the ZDP to take the person in front of the diferenc, and this is
important to the emergence of contradictions and their superation.

Joao Martins

JO=C3O BATISTA MARTINS
RUA ANISIO FIGUEIREDO, 476
LONDRINA - PARAN=C1 - BRASIL
CEP 86065-630

TEL: 043 3385208

E-MAIL jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br

----------
> From: Eva Ekeblad <eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se>
> To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
> Subject: Sweeping the minefield (Re: Worries...)
> Date: Quinta-feira, 9 de Outubro de 1997 07:58
>=20
> At 23.13 -0300 97-10-06, Jo=E3o Batista Martins wrote:
> > I think that to take these persons to discuss into the collectivity
their
> >perceptions, their posture, etc... is an situation much delicate,
because
> >the persons can feel discrimination, threat, exclusion, etc... and to
lower
> >their self-steem.
>=20
> Yes, indeed, Jo=E3o.
>=20
> Your story is an illustration of cases where the Zone of Proximal
> Development is much like a minefield, full of explosive risks. One wron=
> move and the Zone between you and this teacher vanishes: the
communication
> channel closes. It takes some delicate navigation indeed.
>=20
> Also, this is one case where *I* would not hesitate to say that the goo=
> direction of travel is for the teacher to come across to your "side of
the
> field" and get another perspective on the job of sweeping the patio. AN=
on