Re: Vygotsky, conflict, dialectic, growth

Ania Lian (Ania.Lian who-is-at jcu.edu.au)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:07:04 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, stephanie spina wrote:

> space (1953) or Lewin's life space (Lewin, 1943; 1951/76). It assumes
> meaning is neither socially based nor reducible to the social. It is a
> social condition of society itself. Vygotsky clearly recognized the
> complexity of this relationship. It is not so clear that all of his
> intellectual descendants do.

While I appreciated your posting very much, I would really like if you
were able to expand more on the difference that you have drawn. I think
that 'socially-based' and a 'social condition of society itself' may not
be stating the difference explicitly enough. Thanks.
ania