Worries (Re: Diversity Issues...)

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 15:23:53 +0200

At 22.52 -0300 97-10-04, Jo=E3o Batista wrote:
>I am white, I work at university, and I am worried whith this topic. Why?
>because I believe in the democratization school process and I struggle for
>this.

=46rom the top of my iceberg -- where I have climbed up to preach the value
of connecting Tales of Theory with Pointers to Practice -- I wonder: what
ARE the burning issues in your struggle, Jo=E3o? What are you (and hopefully
your colleagues) trying to accomplish? If I may ask you, like I did with
Tomasz Czub, to "tell a story" (and NOT be Academic and give us the names
of Great Men). Great Men may be great, but it is, I think when we can also
start exchanging the stories that we do not get on TV, the stories that do
not get into the Literature until they are History, it is THEN that xmca
can be... well little less of a secluded garden.

Eva