history of x-settings

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 00:41:27 +0200

At 15.42 -0500 97-09-30, David R. Russell wrote:
>When we log on to Xmca, we don't really know much about its history either
>(despite archives and web sites, which are a great help). I wonder if
>there is a short [textbook?] history of LCHC? XMCA?

Well, if there isn't there will be, when I'm done -- a short story of the
various phases of a single xlchc-list and how and when it grew to a family
of ten lists, and then again braided together into a smaller number and a
couple of years ago into the single xmca I could probably do in a couple of
days or hours from what I have learned mulling through the archives for a
couple of months :-/

Then there's a story to write about the more institutional activities that
have taken place on the x-lists over the years: literacy courses or AT
semiinars connected by the lists. What was sustainable and to what extent
was it meant as a sustained activity?

And the story about recurring themes: tools, communities, play, children
and their reading... As I go down the page, the more little tendrils one
would have to cut in order to provide clearcut descriptions...

Eva Ekeblad
Electronic Earthworm