Re: self-descriptions

Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 16:50:24 -0600

Eva writes:
>So you are quite right: the entrance ritual doesn't really fit the
>setting,
>as our practices in the informal settings serving as templates for this
>collaborative projection are NOT to step in through the doorway,
>interrupting the conversations by shouting out our CV and errand.
>"Embarrassment" is the effect of a mismatch between a requested
>behaviour
>and expectations projected by the setting.

It sounds like this entrance ritual is part of the architecture of this
xmca space. Like a pillar that supports the roof that ends up being in
the middle of a very large room. Newcomers are more likely to bump into
it than those who have spent a lot of time here unconsciously moving
around it or sometimes even leaning against it.

Kathie

\\\\\\\\\\\\\You live you learn
\\\\\\\\\\\You love you learn
\\\\\\\\\You cry you learn
\\\\\\\You lose you learn
\\\\\You bleed you learn
\\\You scream you learn////////alanis morissette:jagged little pill

Katherine_Goff who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu
http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~kegoff/index.html