re: survival of settings

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 02:15:27 -0400

Eugene, it has been really good to read your messages
again. I too welcome you. I am **delighted** to have
you as my neighbor and back online.

Yeah, I agree with you, Bakhtin, and Mead, apparently,
about meanings made in the replies.

It's touchy, though, because in f-t-f and snail mail,
the absence of a message is (likely to be) a -- you know.
But that's not, usually, the case with e-mail.

Judy