Re: understanding architectural world

Phillip Allen White (pwhite who-is-at carbon.cudenver.edu)
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:19:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Deborah A. Jimenez wrote:
> i hope, phillip, you did not take offense to my final question...let me

Deborah, I've not taken offense at all to your final question. In
truth, when I was first a member of XMCA I had chosen to take offense to
postings and a couple of times was gently reminded by Mike Cole or Jay
Lemke to in turn respond with due consideration. And, as several years
have passed, I've come to recognize that offense it situated in the
perception of a message, and that when I do decide to get offended that it
just messes up my head. (Gads! I hope I don't sound too prissy - it's
not my intent.)

> i just can not see how we can begin to change or impact our built
> environments if we do not undertand the discourse!!!

And you've probably noticed that the participants of this list
have contributed a great many references in ways to understand the
discourse.

> we need to look at this in formal as well as informal educational
> setttings!!!

Yes, I do agree - and XMCA is a great place for such discussions.

I want to responde to some of Eugene's comments, but I just
discovered that I have to leave this moment to attend a graduation
ceremony in which my son is a participant.

Later.

Phillip